While trying to open the Quickbooks Company file, if you are getting Quickbooks Error 6000 816 then it can occur due to various reasons. this is one of the most reported Quickbooks Errors that creates an issue in opening the company file in Quickbooks. when you try to open the Quickbooks company file, an error message will be displayed on the screen that will say “Quickbook is unable to open the company file” or “the file is in use”.If you are also getting this error then you need to go through this blog till the end. In this blog, we have discussed some of the Quick tricks to fix this Qb Error Code.
As we know now, the Quickbooks Error 6000 816 generally occurs when the user tries to open the Quickbooks Company file and gets an error message on the screen that says, Quickbooks is unable to open the company file or Quickbooks cannot open the file. there could be multiple reasons that can lead to this error. however, there are quick ways available that can be used to troubleshoot the error. You can also use automated tools to fix this error.
Causes of Quickbooks Error 6000 816
the Quickbooks error 6000 816 can occur due to several reasons. we have listed below some of the prime reasons that can trigger this error. Make sure to learn about these errors in order to troubleshoot this error properly.
- Due to damaged Quickbooks Company file.
- any other software is using the Quickbooks Company file with .qbw extension.
- If you are using the Windows Vista version, while opening or restoring the Quickbooks Company file then you might encounter this Quickbooks Error.
- You might get this error if the Company file is stored with other hard drives in the Microsoft Window home server.
- the Quickbooks Error 6000 816 can also occur due to incorrect Quickbooks Installation.
Simple Ways to Resolve Quickbooks Error 6000 816
So Once you are all aware of the reasons that lead to this Quickbooks error, now you can follow these methods to resolve this error Quickly. If you want an automated solution for this error then you can try downloading the Quickbooks File Doctor tool. In most cases, this tool will automatically detect and diagnose Quickbooks errors. You need to simply download the Quickbooks file doctor tool from the official website and then run the installation process. Once the program will be installed on your device it will automatically start its functioning. however, if this doesn’t work then you can follow these manual methods to troubleshoot the error.
Sol: 1 Use ADR tool to Restore the Backup
the Quickbooks ADR tool is a one-stop solution for any kind of error with the Quickbooks company file. You can easily recover or restore the lost data easily using the Quickbooks Auto Data Recovery tool. Hence, this tool can easily troubleshoot the Quickbooks error 6000 816.
Sol: 2 Try restoring the Company files on Desktop
If you have tried the above method but still getting the error then you might need to copy the Quickbooks Company file on the desktop to restore the files. Follow these steps to complete the process.
- Close all the programs and go to the C:\ drive and open the folder where the Quickbooks Company file is stored.
- Now, browse through all the files and locate the file with .qbw extension at the end.
- Choose the file that you need to copy and then right-click on it and choose the copy option.
- Now close the windows explorer window and go to the desktop and right-click on the screen.
- now choose the paste option to save the file at the desktop.
- After completing this, Open the Quickbooks Software while holding the CTRL key to open the No Company Window.
- After this, From the window choose the open or restore an existing company file and then select the file from the desktop.
- Choose the restore option and wait until the process completes.
After completing this, Restart the Quickbooks Software and repeat the step again where you have encountered the Quickbooks Error 6000 816. If the error still persists then you can follow the next method.
Sol: 3 Open Sample Company file From No Company Window
If the above method doesn’t work then you can try opening a Sample file in Quickbooks No Company open window to check whether the error is causing due to the location of the Company file or due to installation files. follow these methods to open the sample company file in Quickbooks.
- Open the No Company window by holding the CTRL key while opening the Quickbooks Software.
- From the No company window, click on the open sample file button and then choose one sample file from the list.
- If the sample file opens successfully then you need to proceeds to the next step to fix this error. However, if you are getting an error while opening the sample file then you need to resolve the installation issues in Quickbooks.
Sol: 4 Rename the Quickbooks Component File
the Quickbooks Components files are required to launch the Quickbooks Softwaer successfully. these files are generated automatically. Hence, renaming these Quickbooks Component files will automatically recreate new component files in Quickbooks without error. So the Quickbooks Error 6000 816 will be troubleshooter automatically.
- Close the Quickbooks Software and then go to the folder where the Quickbooks File is stored.
- Press the Windows+E key to open the window explore window and then go to the C:\ drive to open the folder where the files are stored.
- Now locate the Quickbooks Company file with .ND and .TLG extension and then right-click on these files.
- choose the rename option and then add “Old” at the end of the file.
- Click on OK to save the file and then close the windows explorer window.
- Now restart your device and then run the Quickbooks Software.
If you are still getting the error then it might need advanced troubleshooting. In that case, you need to contact professionals.
So these are some of the Quick methods that you can use if you have encountered Quickbooks Error 6000 816. this quickbooks error generally occurs due to damaged or corrupted Quickbooks Company files. Hence, it is advisable to create a backup of the Quickbooks Company file regularly to avoid any kind of data loss due to error. you can easily restore these backup files whenever you want. While Quicken Users, If they have encountered Quicken Error CC-508 while downloading bank transactions then they need to configure bank account details in the Quicken software to troubleshoot this error. If you are not able to resolve this error on your own and need some assistance then you can contact our experts. they are available 24*7 to help you in any kind of assistance with Quickbooks Software. Simply report your issue to the Quickbooks Assistance team via Email or chat and they will provide a quality effective solution to you.